[Freeswitch-users] "Reverse Clock Skew Detected" - what does it mean ?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 12:33:46 PST 2009

It means you have a profound jump in time like someone set the clock to an
earlier time and it's recovering by re-syncing the clock.
You can avoid this by using a monotonic clock which must not be possible on
your system because it uses it by default.

What OS is it?

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Dave Stevenson
<stevendt at primrosebank.net>wrote:

>  Hi Guys
>
> Happy New Year !
>
> - 4 hours to midnight here - what am I doing looking at the console log
> ????
>

> Anyway, all the best for 2010, and when someone gets a chance to look at
> this, could someone please help me understand what the following error
> message means ?
>
> I've seen it a few times before and not seen anything untoward. My
> "production" system is running 1.0.4 - reported as (14460) but it is
> somewhat later than that (15xxx). I plan on doing a new SVN build over the
> holiday, but don't expect this error to go away ?
>
> Message is along the lines . . . .
>

> date & time "[CRIT] switch_time.c:454 Reverse Clock Skew Detected!"
>
> regards
> Dave

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/