[Freeswitch-users] problems getting openzap compiled for use with freeswitch

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Dec 30 04:18:35 PST 2009

Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> I am trying to get 2x X100P's working

Provided you are aware that a lot of users have problems getting X100xP
cards to work on their hardware (either due to some issue with the PCI bus,
or the Silicon Labs DAA chips not supporting the POTS line to which they are
connected)... here's what I did to compile Dahdi (the new name for Zaptel)
from source:

 1. Download and unpack the Dahdi tarball
 2. make all ; make install ; make config
 3. cd /etc/dahdi/ ; vi system.conf:

    #Per FS wiki: "Tones should be configured in OpenZAP and not in zaptel.
FreeSWITCH uses its
    libteletone for tones generation and detection, and does not rely on
zaptel tones configuration.
    Therefore it does not matter which country zone is configured in zaptel.
Make sure that you have loaded
    your country-specific tones at /etc/openzap/tones.conf"
    #loadzone        =  fr
    #defaultzone     = fr
    fxsks=1

 4. vi modules; add "wctdm"
 5. /etc/init.d/dahdi start
 6. lsmod to check loaded modules
 7. dahdi_cfg -vvv ; dahdi_scan ; dahdi_test -v
 8. ls -la /proc/dahdi/ ; cat /proc/dahdi/1

The next step, which I haven't done yet, is compiling OpenZap so it talks to
Dahdi/Zaptel, which talks to the actual hardware.