[Freeswitch-users] sangoma a101 - error compiling Wanpipe drivers with TDM API support on ubuntu 9.10

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 08:19:56 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Tzury Bar Yochay
<tzury.by at reguluslabs.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting a frustrating errors while trying to build the latest wanpipe
> on my newly and freshly installed Ubuntu 9.10
>
> I pastebin the output at http://gist.github.com/255442 and would
> appreciate any help.

Hi Tzury,

It seems the kernel developers decided to move some members of the
net_device kernel structure to an internal structure called net_device_ops
netdev_ops, I see Ubuntu 9.10 uses a pretty recent kernel. The engineer in
charge of the wanpipe drivers will likely soon put a fix. In the meantime
you will have to downgrade the kernel somehow.

It is usually recommended to use CentOS for servers running wanpipe, I
strongly recommend you to switch if possible. If changing to CentOS is not
an option, you will have to wait for the wanpipe drivers to be fixed for
this recent kernel. You can always send an e-mail to support at sangoma.com to
let them know and that may speed things up.

PD. I will answer your other e-mail soon.

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com