[Freeswitch-users] Route Non-Call Data to Agent Through Queue

Shaun Clark shaun_clark at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:26:39 PST 2009

I have an application where I would like to route both calls and other
requests through the same queue to the same agents, for example the same
agent might take a call and then right after that take a chat. But, the chat
server we use is separate from our phone system.

What I would like to do is basically route some text, i.e. "new chat
chat_id_goes_here" through to the agent. Is this possible with FreeSwitch?
The idea being the soft-phone would receive this text and we would write
code to catch this message do the appropriate action on our CRM. Thanks!