[Freeswitch-users] embedded freeswitch compatable hardware

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Thu Dec 10 06:26:58 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, Fred-145 wrote:

> Frank Carmickle wrote:
> > A board with an atom 330 on it would probably do the trick for you.  There
> > are a few made by Intel and Supermicro that look pretty nice.  There were
> > some other people on the list looking to use them.  Maybe we can get a
> > report from someone.
>
> Intel came up with the D945GSEJT, which is totally fanless and has an
> embedded DC/DC, so all you have to add is an external AC/DC power brick,
> some RAM, a PCI riser to save space, and either a hard-disk or a
> CompactFlash + IDE adaptor. I'm thinking of building one with a
> Digium-compatible PCI card.
>
> www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D945GSEJT/D945GSEJT-overview.htm

The 330 boards are a little more power hungry but you get a dual core 64 bit processor.  As far as I'm concerned the performance increase is well worth the extra money.  You still well below the power consumption of any other 64 bit dual core machines.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121383

--FC