[Freeswitch-users] embedded freeswitch compatable hardware

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Dec 10 04:57:21 PST 2009

Mark Campbell-Smith wrote:
> I use a dectop by Data Evolution... Its cheap at ~$100.  I have it
> running debian lenny and FS... works well for me.

Thanks for the tip, although this type of box doesn't have a PCI slot, so
the only way to connect FS to the PSTN is through a VoIP provider (or a
Linksys 3102, with the usual, possible echo issues).

In the same vein as the decTop : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SheevaPlug

Since FS can be compiled to ARM, Freeswitch might be able to run on this
device:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Download_%26_Installation_Guide#Cross_Compiling_for_ARM_on_Linux