[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH HA + Loadbalancing

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Sat Aug 29 11:36:24 PDT 2009

On PRI circuits failover with ha is possible using a red tone
appliance, but I m sure it's going to be almost impossible to transfer
the running calls during the event of fs box going down.

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,
Enterux Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,
The Enterprise Linux Company (r),
http://www.enterux.com
http://www.entVoice.com

On 29-Aug-2009, at 11:35 PM, David Knell <dave at 3c.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>> machine, upgrade the hardware, Re-Livemigrate the containers. (no
>> downtime)
>> * OR just break the loadbalancing, wait until all current calls are
>> teared down correctly, upgrade machine, reenable the loadbalancer
>>

>> You want an exact copy of the first server for Hardware HA?
>> * Buy new machine
>> * Setup Hardware node
>> * Buy hardware PRI switchover box
>> * Clone VirtCnt1 - VirtCnt4 to the new machine
>> * Make basic failover configuration
>>

>> -> the sky's the limit, as the saying goes ...
>>

>> So, I can do all the openvz stuff and the integration with database /
>> memcached / heartbeat / whatever is needed here, someone there to be
>> willing to work with me on this on the FreeSWITCH side? or at least
>> provide me with the necessary information about what's needed / how
>> talk / what states from FreeSWITCH?
>>

>> I know this seems very ambitious but if this could be made in a
>> rather
>> relativly easy to setup package, with good documentation, it would be
>> a boost for FreeSWITCH, i am sure, because after all this is what
>> everyone is grown accustomed to from good old phone companys and the
>> good old pbx's: carrier grade uptimes ...
>>

>> Thanks for everyone reading up until here,
>> all the best,
>>

>> Ray
>>

>> --
>> Raimund Sacherer
>> -
>> RunSolutions
>>    Open Source It Consulting
>> -
>>
>> Parc Bit - Centro Empresarial Son Espanyol
>> Edificio Estel - Local 3D
>> 07121 -  Palma de Mallorca
>> Baleares
>>
>> On Aug 29, 2009, at 3:17 PM, Raimund Sacherer wrote:
>>
>>> Oh yeah, that would be so helpfull for my situation, as my client
>>> *demands* now a solution where he can press a big red button and all
>>> fails over to another box. Hi es totally scared because of the
>>> Lockups in Asterisk which under specific situations including AMI,
>>> Automated Call Setup, and murphy led to a lockup of the entire
>>> machine, no console was working anymore, only cold-reset could do
>>> it.
>>>

>>> So, IF there is the possibility for life-takeover, / failover etc. I
>>> would love to here how has been done.
>>>

>>> I am very experienced with openvz and use for about two years now
>>> only openvz virtualization servers for anything because of
>>> live-migration etc. But as I am new in this company we could not
>>> adopt this until now.
>>>

>>> So Please Ken, if you can, describe what need's to be done to get a
>>> failover / takeover working (an outline would be enough)
>>>

>>> Thanks in Advance
>>>
>>> --
>>> Raimund Sacherer
>>> -
>>> RunSolutions
>>>    Open Source It Consulting
>>> -
>>>
>>> Parc Bit - Centro Empresarial Son Espanyol

>>> users