[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch & DAHDI Kernel drivers / Hardware questions

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:24:50 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Raimund Sacherer <rs at runsolutions.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> i was reading through the openzap wiki page and searched the wiki, the only
> thing I found about dahdi is a note from January that freeswitch does not
> work with dahdi right now.

You did not search well enough.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/OpenZAP_OpenR2 , read note 5 there.

> Is this current information? Can't I use dahdi kernel drivers for
> freeswitch? As the last update to the zaptel drivers is now nearly a year
> old (1.4.12) and development has, AFAIK, ceased and new stuff only gehts to
> dahdi, correct me please if I am wrong.

both dahdi and zaptel work for FreeSWITCH and no headers are needed, we have
our own.

> 00:0d.0 Network controller: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN network
> controller [HFC-PCI] (rev 02)
> Subsystem: Cologne Chip Designs GmbH ISDN Board
> Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 16, IRQ 10
> I/O ports at e000 [disabled] [size=8]
> Memory at ee001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
> Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 1
> Kernel modules: hisax
>
> with openZap? I read in the wiki (openZap.conf_Examples) something about
> HFC 4 BRI, but i do not know if this is the same as the above mentioned
> card.
>

> I have access to some pcmcia fxo, and pcmcia isdn cards, could they be
> used? I have as well an soekris board with two pcmcia slots, could i use
> this with an fxo pcmcia card to actually drive a small home - pbx with
> freeswitch?

I don't have experience with such hardware, cannot tell, may be someone else
around here may know.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer