[Freeswitch-users] MFC-R2 support for FreeSWITCH

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:29:26 PDT 2009

So, I finally took some days to put up OpenR2 working with OpenZAP, which
means FreeSWITCH now supports MFC-R2 for all variants that OpenR2 has
support for. Including Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and others. The stack has
been used by Asterisk starting with Asterisk 1.6.2 so I feel it covers most
countries that users may be interested in, support for new variants will be
added on-demand only (in any case users can always tweak the advanced
configuration file to create their own variants as a last resort).
I created a wiki page to illustrate the basic setup:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/OpenZAP_OpenR2

<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/OpenZAP_OpenR2>Now is time for testing. I
just did minimal testing on my development environment, no serious testing,
and I know that some stuff is not working at this point (I had some issues
with variable length DNIS and ANI) which should be fixed soon.

If anyone around happens to have an R2 link and wants to test R2 support in
OpenZAP, I can give them a hand with the configuration and any issues you
may find. You can find me on IRC at #freeswitch, #freeswitch-dev and
#openzap as moy.

--
Moises Silva
Software Developer