[Freeswitch-users] Loopback and bypass_media

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Thu Aug 13 23:33:55 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Mathieu Rene<mrene_lists at avgs.ca> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The reason it works when you wait 3 seconds is that mod_loopback bails

[snip]

Thanks for that explanation.  It umm.. explains a lot. :)

> On another note, mod_sofia will behave differently when it detects its
> being bridge with another sofia channel, providing optimizations when
> both call legs are SIP.
>
> My personal opinion is not to use mod_loopback unless absolutely
> necessary, FreeSWITCH's core is very flexible and there's often a
> (better) way than using mod_loopback.

So, I think the temp solution is to use loopback+delayed no media.

but the real "solution" is to either drive the forked dialing logic
externally (event socket) or consider supporting groupings in the
bridge which.. umm...  is gonna be a pain and will need buy in from
from Tony and other core devs since that is a core (no pun intended)
piece of code that nearly everything uses.

I'm not sure I want to take a wack at it.

--
-Rupa