[Freeswitch-users] calling through same gateway with multiple registrations

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:21:48 PDT 2009

Thanks for responding, Michael!

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Michael Collins<msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Are you going to have incoming calls as well? If so, how does the
> soft-switch handle two concurrent calls to the same number?

Yes, we'll have incoming calls as well. I did not performed any tests
myself yet, but a guy working with this soft-switch says it just
rejects second call. So soft-switch treats each sip registration more
or less like single phone line. Soft-switch is Huawei SoftX3000, if
somebody experienced in it can prove me wrong, I'll be glad.. :)

>> Question is - how should I configure FreeSWITCH for this scenario? I
>> see two options:
>>
>> 1) Create 10 gateways with different registrations, use mod_limit to
>> route only one outgoing call per gateway;
>> 2) Create 10 gateways with different registrations, use event socket
>> to route calls manually and monitor used lines (incoming and outgoing
>> calls through soft switch).
>>
>> Are there any other possibilities? Corrections/ suggestions are very
>> welcome.
>
> This seems like a serious defect in the soft-switch. I can understand if it
> allows you to specify only one call per SIP registration, but to hard-code
> that limit seems pretty silly. Can you find out more about the soft-switch
> in question and see if that limitation is flexible?

Yes, that was my initial thought too - that this limit should be
configurable. But a guy working with it says it is not configurable,
and local support engineers from Huawei also confirm this. But, who
knows, may be they are all wrong.

Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov at jabber.ru