[Freeswitch-users] calling through same gateway with multiple registrations

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 13 09:06:03 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Timur Irmatov <irmatov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new to FreeSWITCH and need an advice.
>
> All calls to PSTN from our server will go through single gateway,
> which is a soft switch supporting SIP protocol. FreeSWITCH will need
> to register with soft switch, but soft switch permits only single
> active call (in either direction) per registration. So we will need 10
> SIP accounts to allow 10 simultaneous connections.

Are you going to have incoming calls as well? If so, how does the
soft-switch handle two concurrent calls to the same number?

> Question is - how should I configure FreeSWITCH for this scenario? I
> see two options:
>
> 1) Create 10 gateways with different registrations, use mod_limit to
> route only one outgoing call per gateway;
> 2) Create 10 gateways with different registrations, use event socket
> to route calls manually and monitor used lines (incoming and outgoing
> calls through soft switch).
>
> Are there any other possibilities? Corrections/ suggestions are very
> welcome.

This seems like a serious defect in the soft-switch. I can understand if it
allows you to specify only one call per SIP registration, but to hard-code
that limit seems pretty silly. Can you find out more about the soft-switch
in question and see if that limitation is flexible?
-MC