[Freeswitch-users] Re-2: Serious Problem detecting DTMF in bridged SIP call using ESL

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed Apr 29 10:54:39 PDT 2009

Well the best option is to NOT use inband at all if possible.  And use
RFC2833 which eyebeam/xlite support as do most providers out there...
You do not HAVE to start_dtmf on sip channels unless they only send
the DTMF inband.

set the dtmf-type back to rfc2833 and restart FS.

/b

On Apr 29, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Guido Kuth wrote:

> First thanks for your reply.
>
> I have subscribed to all Events, so this can't be the mistake. I
> sent start_dtmf app to FreeSwitch in caller channel and the wiki
> says that you have to do this on sip channels to enable inband dtmf.
> I checked sofia.conf and I have found that param dtmf-type is
> commented out. Would it be helpful to set this to "info"? I think
> setting it to "rfc2833" would not be very meanigfull.
>
> I will try to update to svn trunk tomorrow.
>
> Again thanks for first help...Guido

Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org

-- Meet us at ClueCon!  http://www.cluecon.com