[Freeswitch-users] any way ring fifo members one by one?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:24:43 PDT 2009

keep in mind mod_fifo is not a call center app. it's a simple *fifo* queue
hence the name.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM, dujinfang <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, right, that works. I had thought the purpose of members is for
> sequential hunting. looks I was wrong.
> However, add a | sep'ed dial string is hard to do round robin hunting, as
> we don't want the first agent always busy while others have nothing to do.
> It is possible to add/delete members using another script to set different
> dialstring to emulate a round robin hunt, but why not implement it in the
> queue logic?

Other strategies to place calls could be added with a patch to the code.
The goal of the module was to be basic and have
most of the control and logic remain outside the module.

> questions:
>
> 1) What's the purpose for members? just for simultaneous ring?

They are essentially on-hook agents for a setup where you don't need people
waiting on the phone.

> 2) What's the best use case of agents dial in a fifo to wait callers? They
> just listening to music and waiting if no caller? I guess that would be for
> very busy call centers.

Yes its so you can call in an pop all the calls off the fifo in the same one
call.

> 3) In my test, other members keep ring after one answered, some times it
> even ring a long time after the caller hangup.

It's not ring-all, there is exactly one outbound call generated for every
one person in the queue who is waiting so sometimes there is collateral
damage.

> I'm currently using trixbox. when a call comes in, it just play a greeting
> and ring one free agent and fail over to other agents if no answer or
> playing moh if all agents are busy. I just want to implement the same logic
> in FS and replace it as * causing a lot of problems.
>
> I know there are already rules of how to pull a call out from a fifo, and
> guess it would be possible to add some params to do sequential/round robin
> hunting for members, and by using dp tools to dynamically add/delete members
> it would me more powerful.

You could post it as a bounty, a change like that is a lot to do as a wish
request.