[Freeswitch-users] VoiceXML

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Apr 23 17:08:18 PDT 2009

mszlazak wrote:
> If you don't like vxml then here is a post on voicePHP
>
> http://www.speechtechblog.com/2009/04/22/voicexml-to-go-down-in-the-third-says-voicephp
>
> It's from a vendor but there might be some good ideas to get from what they
> are doing.
>
> FreeSWITCH needs demand to get vxml and it's not there yet. For now, it
> looks like the FS community is waiting for demand instead of trying to
> create it.

Its interesting how the VoiceXML pushers have been able to create the
air in some circles that VoiceXML is the norm for IVR creation. Its
actually pretty hard to find people who have ever used it.

I think voiceXML has one big thing going for it - nothing else for IVR
building has been standardised. Apart from that its really clunky. Only
the most trivial examples look even moderately clean and readable.

Steve