[Freeswitch-users] [ANN] Spice Telephony 0.3 - an open source FreeSWITCH/Erlang callcenter

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Wed Apr 15 20:27:27 PDT 2009

Well, it's been a few months since I mentioned this project last here,
so here's an update over my last announcement (see
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2009-January/010048.html
)

Things have improved a *lot* since the last time I mentioned it:

* Support for inbound calls (somehow last time that wasn't even
  finished)
* Support for outbound calls
* Support for ringing agents on a softphone or ringing agents on a POTS
  line
* A web interface for managing the system (managing agents, skills,
  queues, etc)
* A web interface for agents to manage their state (go released, go
  idle, indicate when they're done with wrapup, etc)

Along with a boatload of minor features and even more bugfixes.

This release is actually something you can play with without knowing
Erlang, we've even included a boot script to setup and run everything
for you. So, if you're interested in a distributed, fault tolerant
callcenter platform built on top of FreeSWITCH I invite you to check out
http://wiki.opencsm.org/wiki/index.php/Spice_Telephony , the rest of the
opencsm.org site and especially the other telephony pages on the wiki
and, if you're interested, please give it a try and let us know what you
think. Just remember that it's still very much a work in progress
(although I hope to be able to give a cool demo at ClueCon in August :) ).

Andrew Thompson - opencsm.org