[Freeswitch-users] Recommended tools for creating/extending a sip test suite?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Tue Apr 14 20:59:54 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on which open source tools to use for creating
(or extending if there is already a project for this) a sip test suite.

I have already heard of sipp, but I want to know what others are using and
how they go about this before starting from scratch myself.

Some things I'd like to do:
 - Dialplan/ voice menu/provider/did testing: Call number, press 1, expect
to receive call on another extension.  (kinda like expect)
 - Load testing

Basically I want to be able to automate how a human may interact with my
installation to reproduce bugs and make sure they don't come back.  That way
I can make sure my changes (wherever they may be in my stack, dialplan,
freeswitch, openser/kamailio/opensips, etc.).

Any pointers and/or tips will be much appreciated.