[Freeswitch-users] FS failover redundancy & load balancing

Tristan tristan at telemaque.fr
Thu Apr 2 02:01:09 PDT 2009

Hi Ashley,

One easy solution is to use a SIP proxy (opensips/kamailio/...) in front
of FS boxes to load balance the charge between boxes.

FS already has mechanisms to limit number of calls per boxes ( in
switch.conf.xml: max-sessions and  sessions-per-second ),
that you can couple to load_balancing modules of the sip proxies.

Of course you'll have to test to know how many session one box can
handle, has it depends a lot on your usage of FS.

Don' hesitate to join us on IRC if you want to discuss it ;)

Regards,

Gled