[Freeswitch-users] Load test - performance not even matching Asterisk

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Mon Sep 29 13:47:23 PDT 2008

Thanks for the input.

I have now upgraded the OS to i86_64 (FC9), and I configured without
libcurl, as recommended by Anthony. The FS loaded without problems apart
from some "database is locked" errors, which may be harmless? I ran the
ulimit as recommended to unlimit all resources.  I started the FS after
the ulimit. The same performance test showed a slightly better result.
Without trying to make this too scientific, the improvement by going
from 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS has been 10-20%, at the most. Still the
performance is around 30-40% of the performance of Asterisk.

With 100 a-leg (no b-leg, as all calls are answered by the echo
application) permanent channels the CPU idle is 10%, with 60%
system-load and 30% CPU-load. So something is rotten in Denmark... /Jon