[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, Sangoma cards and Win32

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Fri Oct 24 00:17:33 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

First of all - I've been following this project for some time now, and I've tried it out on both Linux and Windows. And I must say - I'm very impressed :) Good and stable code, and the community seems very good as well. I've been using both Asterisk and Yate before, but now we're looking more and more into FreeSWITCH.

I have a couple of questions though - it's about Sangoma support in Win32. First of all, when looking through the information on Sangoma's website I found out that the driver for Win32 still is in beta state - I'm not sure about how stable/unstable it is, since I havn't tried it at all yet. But how about FreeSWITCH and Sangoma in Win32, will this setup be supported in a near future, or how is the plans for this? And when/if this support will be added - how about support for Q.SIG, will this be implemented as well, or do you have any plans at all for this? I'm not talking about the basic Q.SIG handlig that Asterisk does (we've done pretty much patching for Q.SIG in Asterisk to get things to work properly), I'm interested in a more complete implementation of Q.SIG, to be able to do path replacement etc.

I've looked through the archives, but I couldn't find any information about this - so all answers are welcome :)

Regards,

Peter Olsson