[Freeswitch-users] Socket inbound or outbound with PHP?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 23 04:45:39 PDT 2008

2008/10/22 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:

> event socket has the command sendmsg which lets you send a message to a
> specific channel.  This can be any message but the one you are familiar with
> is the one that tells the session to execute an application.  Think of it as
> you are sending an instant message to the channel saying, please execute
> this dialplan application.
> The caveat to this is that it will only listen to you if you have first
> parked the call which is a mutual agreement between you and the call that
> you are allowed to control it.  The outbound event socket to your program
> explicitly puts the call into park and the originated sessions that execute
> park also fall into this category.

If you talk about "event socket", do you mean "event socket inbound",
"event socket outbound" or both?
When I use sendmsg <uuid> in socket outbound to handle the current
process, everything works fine (I do not even need the uuid). But it
does not help to use sendmsg <uuid> to send commands to other
processes, although I know the uuid of the target.

It could be so easy (for me), if sendmsg would work to control another
process and not just the current or api would be able to send the same
commands as sendmsg...

It seems as if I HAVE to use event socket inbound if I want to be able
to send a playback command from one process or leg to the other.

Or do I have to use event socket inbound AND socket event outbound? So
that fs connects to one PHP script and another PHP script connects to
the fs?
You wrote: "you can call inbound to event_socket and once
authenticated you can issue the command myevents <uuid>". This seems
to tell me, that I have to connect to the fs, right?