[Freeswitch-users] Socket inbound or outbound with PHP?

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 08:51:02 PDT 2008

Hi Dennis,

> Till now I always worked with socket outbound and a PHP script, which
> forks the different processes. Everything seemed to work great (in my
> little test environment) and I am at the point, where I could do most
> if not all of the things I wanted to do with fs.
>
> Today I made an originate over api, passed the inbound uuid to the
> outbound and could control different things - I also could bridge both
> calls. Great, I thought. Then I wanted to start the next little test:
> Start a playfile from the outbound, so that the inbound can hear it...
> Negative!
> It seems to be impossible to send a playfile or hangup (and more) over
> api. Both command seem only to be available with sendmsg. But sendmsg
> <uuid> does not work with socket outbound, at least not from the
> outbound to the inbound.

What you'll probably need to do is to get the two processes handling the
two legs talking to each other, so that the one handling the outbound
leg
sends a message to the one handling the inbound leg, and that message
causes the process handling the inbound leg to start playing the file.

Stick with what you're doing - you're on the right track to end up
with a
fantastically powerful IVR, and it doesn't sound like you're far from
that
turning point where everything slots in to place and things just start
work..!

Cheers --

Dave