[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH as pure SIP proxy

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Wed Oct 22 02:51:28 PDT 2008

Arturo Díaz Almagro napsal(a):
> Thanks for your answers. In fact I am using Kamailio as SIP proxy, but
> some additional functionality is needed that Kamailio cannot afford. I
> need a B2BUA in the middle of the signaling between phones and Kamailio
> to get track of dialogs and to interfere on them when neccessary. For
> that reason I need FS to receive REGISTER messages and to forward them
> to Kamailio just adding a Via record. From your answers I conclude that
> FS cannot forward those REGISTER methods, don't I?

May be you can utilize some kind of dispatcher (kamailio|opensips|ser)
in front of your registrar (kamailio) and B2BUA (FreeSWITCH) and route
SIP request based on SIP method.
In this kind of setup FS don't need to handle REGISTER messages at all
and you get extra flexibility in SIP processing...

Hope this helps :-)

Best regards,

kokoska.rokoska