[Freeswitch-users] Socket inbound or outbound with PHP?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 19 06:05:15 PDT 2008

>> There is a per call heartbeat you can enable at a desired interval for calls
>> with media flowing through FS.
>
> A per call heartbeat is exactly what I am looking for (as far, as I
> get it, when registering to myevents). What does "calls with media
> flowing" mean? What makes them different from other calls?
> Where can I aktivate a per call heartbeat and where can I set the interval?

I just want to let you know, that we found out how the "per call
heartbeat" can be used. It works very well and we are very happy with
it.

For the ones, who also want to use the "per call heartbeat" and are
not sure how to use it, can find a short description here:

Where we connect in freeswitch to the PHP-script, we set:
<action application="set" data="enable_heartbeat_events=10"/>

In this example the heartbeat will come every 10 seconds. Default is
"every 60 seconds", the maximum is "every 10 seconds".

In the PHP-script we register to the event by using "event
SESSION_HEARTBEAT". That's it...

My other questions still remain ;-)

Kind regards
Dennis