[Freeswitch-users] get channel status

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Fri Oct 3 10:54:40 PDT 2008

To add to Brian's thought...

The "answer event" that you receive does have lots of information. You
are interested in only one piece of that information, no? You'll need to
parse the reply and grab only the line that contains "Answer-State:
xxxxx"

Did you say that you are using PHP for this? I'm 99.9% sure that PHP can
easily parse something like this. You could probably even use a regex
sledgehammer parse by doing something like this (Perl5 regex syntax):

m/Answer-State: (\w+)/m    <== The 'm' modifier is needed because of
embedded newline chars in CHANNEL_ANSWER event

$1 will contain 'answered' or whatever the answer state value is.

Hope this helps.

-MC