[Freeswitch-users] Why does a SIP forked dial select just the first 183?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Nov 20 10:15:19 PST 2008

2008/11/20 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:

> Again for good measure, we do not do SIP specific forked dialing/proxy
> fantasy that alice and bob and the white rabbit are having with the
> cattipilar and his hooka.  I am glad you are here to provide a check and
> balance be be sure to respect my decisions no how the software works and you
> will be a welcome addition to our community.  I will just warn you that too
> much SIP zealotry will piss me off no matter how nicely put.  I am not
> worried about this because you have already admitted that the RFC was
> written by martians. =D

Well, I just would like to say that everything I could suggest/report
about SIP is because I consider it really useful and important, I will
never ask for any "exotic" feature of SIP that nobody wants (except
whitepapers-writers).

RFC 3261 (being the SIP core) is really full of useless and
super-complex features that nobody wants to implement, but IETF people
remain considering them as "used" instead of accept dropping them. And
if we talk about other SIP related RFC's and drafts.... mmm...
But SIP has also cool things ;)

BTW, since FS is a B2BUA (and there is not specifications for B2BUA,
except "B2BUA = UAS + UAC"), then the FS behaviour is "free", and I
hope it's open to include **useful** features ;)

PD: As a suggestion FS should implement S/MIME.
PPD: ...it's a joke XDD

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo