[Freeswitch-users] More codec playback issues

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Nov 6 12:03:46 PST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> Brian West wrote:
>>
> But what if I want to force a specific codec?

You turn on inbound late negotiation and make the decision in the
dialplan.

>>> This script should beep, record until you stop speaking, beep again,
>>> pause, beep, playback, beep, hang up.
>>>

>> What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
>>

> Ultimately, what I'm trying to do is prevent FreeSWITCH from
> transcoding
> on the fly. I would like to have prompts and menus pre-encoded in all
> the codecs I expect to be using with my various endpoints and devices.

Have the files in all the codecs and use playback without a file
extension it'll pick the one that matches the current codec.

> That script is just a really stupid test that I'll never use for
> anything. I was trying to make SOX create a .G722 file, but it was
> playing back all garbled, much like my GSM experience earlier in the
> week. This script is an attempt to force FreeSWITCH to record in a
> specific codec to determine if the problem was with SOX and the other
> G722 encoder I tried.

We fixed the error in the GSM codec earlier this week.  Not sure that
sox will create the right file format for G722.  I might be wrong!