[Freeswitch-users] MPL in simple terms

Michal Bielicki michal.bielicki at voiceworks.pl
Thu Jul 31 04:08:01 PDT 2008

 > Is there a simple explanation, in terms that a mere software
engineer can understand, what the MPL license means?

You can use the code for whatever purpose you want, as long as you
give all changes you make to that code back to the project basically.

 > 1)      Can I sell FS under my own guarantee and support?

Yes and yes

 > 2)      If I write code that connects FS to an external application
that I have written, does the external application have to be MPL as
well?

No it can be whatever License you want. Of course you have to check if
the license you choose to give to your application has a problem with
that ;)

 > 3)      Extension to previous question:  What if the external
application is Active Directory?

And ?