[Freeswitch-users] Operator/Receptionist console

Brian Snipes bsnipes at snipes.org
Wed Jul 23 18:40:16 PDT 2008

Ok..  I need some suggestions.  Currently I have a couple of snom 370 phones
with 2 sidecars on each phone for the receptionist and her backup location.
Those phones monitor the status of ~55 extensions.  The Snoms seem to be
having a devil of a time doing this.  Several times a day they get REALLY
slow.   This happens consistently also right after the phone is rebooted and
the subscriptions start showing up.  By slow, I mean I can hit 3 or 4 keys
before anything happens on the display and when it starts filling in the
display it is slow.  If I remove all subscription monitoring from the phones
they speed along like I would expect them to do.

Pulling on all of your vast wisdom - what options do I have?  What phones will
work properly with that many subscriptions in a sip environment?

On another note - I am thinking about creating an application similar to FOP
for the desktops and need suggestions on the best way to do this.  This won't
be anything fancy.  I only need it to alert whether a phone is in use or not.
Here are the ideas so far:
1.  Query existing call db (maybe the limit table) every minute.  Dump results
of extensions in use to an html file.  Clients view html file and it is set
to refresh every 15 seconds. < I don't really like this too much >
2.  Have something similar to another product I've used.  What it did was send
events to a modified irc daemon and a windows client listened to the channel
and updated the extension buttons with their current status.

Thanks!
Brian