[Freeswitch-users] Call-Blocking application

Alois Komenda alois.komenda at esk.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jul 15 03:28:17 PDT 2008

Hello,

how can I realize a Call-Blocking application with FreeSWITCH?

The application should look up the caller in a kind of blacklist or delegate
the lookup to another application.
Every incoming call has to be blocked if the caller is on the blacklist.

Is it possible to realize this as a application which is called from the
dialplan?
As the dialplan is parsed only once for a call, it won't work if the
application is called from an action tag, I guess. The outcome of the
application can't influence any following action, right?
What about calling the application in the condition tag? Would that count as
an "abuse" as mentioned in the wiki?

What method can you recommend to block incoming calls depending on the
originator?

Regards,

--
Alois Komenda
Fraunhofer-Einrichtung für Systeme der Kommunikationstechnik ESK