[Freeswitch-users] Time out issue and static noise with originate command

Diego Viola diego.viola at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 20:55:20 PDT 2008

Hi all...

I have a user account on FS, sometimes when I register with Zoiper or
X-Lite it works, but after some time it unregisters itself, I'm not
sure why... this didn't happened on Asterisk for me.

Does FS handles NAT automatically? This is how I have it setup:

softphone => NAT (router) => FS

In Asterisk I used to have nat=yes in sip.conf, is there a equivalent
for this in FS?

Why could my softphone be deregistering itself?

This is my user account on FS:

Maitei:/usr/local/freeswitch# cat conf/directory/default/diego.xml
<include>
  <user id="diego" mailbox="1000">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="1234"/>
      <param name="vm-password" value="1000"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="accountcode" value="1000"/>
      <variable name="user_context" value="default"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="Extension 1000"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="1000"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

Another issue... when I use the originate command, with a WAV or GSM
file... all I get is static noise, is there a way that this could
work?, this also works on Asterisk just fine for me:

originate sofia/internal/diego &playback('/root/nin.mp3.wav')

But I get static noise on FS.

Thanks,

Diego