[Freeswitch-users] conference_auto_outcall_announce

Carole O. carole.olivier at enst.fr
Thu Dec 11 05:13:47 PST 2008

Hello,

I would like to call automatically a group of user and make them listening
an announcement before anybody talks. I have already added an extension in
the dialplan that worked. Actually, I use the extension 0911 in the default
dialplan of freeswitch which I have changed a little. This works fine. The
problem is to make the announcement.

1-
I have created a profile for this conference and add:
 < param name="enter-sound" value="conference/my_file.wav"/>

It did not work. I have tested this, it seems to work only if someone enters
a conference which has been previously created. For instance after the 1st
participant has entered the conference room.

2-
Then, I have seen there is the function "conference_auto_outcall_announce"
but I did not manage to make it work.
I have added in my extension:
<action application="set"
data="conference_auto_outcall_announce=play:path_file_to_play/file.wav"/>

I have got the following error:
[ERR] mod_sndfile.c:175 sndfile_file_open() Error Opening File
[/opt/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/play:path_file_to_play/file.wav]
[System error : no such file or directory]

I have tried to change the path but something else is wrong.

3-
I have tried with the API command:
conference <confname> play <file_path>
It works from the console but not from the dialpan.

If someone could tell me where I am wrong or has another idea it would be
very helpfull.

Thanks,
Carole