[Freeswitch-users] Two nice to have features in fs

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 01:47:46 PST 2008

hi,

we are using socket outbound and found out, that there are two
(perhaps) small things, we would like to see in fs.

1.) if we try to playback a soundfile, which does not exist, we do not
get an error or something. in the cli of fs we can see the error, but
we do not get anything about it over the socket.

we get an execute event for the playback and directly after it an
execute-complete.
wouldn't it be nicer, if one could get a notice about an error, like:
execute-complete-error or a variable, which is set with an error, if
an error occours?

2.) the session heartbeat event is an absolutely great feature in fs.
but sometimes we would like to get the session heartbeat every 5
seconds. at the moment the allowed minimum is every 10 seconds. a
smaller setting, like every 5 seconds, will result in a session
heartbeat of every 60 seconds.

to help us out, we edit the switch_core_session.c at line 899 and
change the "seconds < 10" to "seconds < 5".

because one has to set "enable_heartbeat_events=5" manually, i do not
think, that there is a risk, that others, who do not want the
heartbeat to come that often, will be negatively affected by this
change.

might it be possible, to do the same changes to the default code?

thanks
dennis