[Freeswitch-users] How to originate a session from outside

Adeel Ansari adeel.gnome at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 03:02:15 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I had success in bridging a session, using my Java Program as a hook, and
manage to connect one mobile phone to another. It goes like below.

===
--> originate sofia/gateway/gizmo2/01160176xxxxxx
&java(net.digitalapps.freeswitch.CallTest)
===

In this case, freeswitch call my Java program. Now, My intension is to not
use console at all, instead use my java program to originate a session in
freeswitch and then bridge the session. So, call freeswitch from my program,
not the other way around.

Is it possible? Need suggestions in any case. I mean if I need to come up
with my own client. Actually, I was looking JAIN-SIP to achieve this. But
then thought of asking your suggestions. With JAIN I might go like this,
place a call, hit the dial plan invoke my Java Hook Program and bridge the
call. But I am afraid that it might connect my client with the mobile phone,
not one phone to  another.

Thanks.

--
Best,