[Freeswitch-users] Custom events?

James Green james.green at stealthnet.net
Mon Aug 18 05:48:53 PDT 2008

I have noticed the wiki is pretty much non-existant on the subject of
custom events.

>From my understanding of the system thus far, I could create a number of
custom events that my applications can react to and perform busienss logic.

One specific example: I could connect to FS and fire an event
"MYPROJECT::OUTBOUND_DIAL" which a separate application could listen for
and process further. I might therefore have a chain of small apps
developing these and reacting at various stages.

Is my understanding correct? Can I therefore register an application to
listen for MYPROJECT::MY_CUSTOM_EVENT and wait until another of my apps
fires it? The next obvious question is how parameter handling works...

But I shall try to walk before running...

Thanks,

James