[Freeswitch-users] Sofia - calling through gateway - duplicate RTP port in SDP

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Sun Apr 20 08:28:11 PDT 2008

Brian West napsal(a):
> Can you provide a bit more detail?  I can only guess what or how
> you're trying to use it.

Well, here is what I try to do:

1. I have two users defined in directory which are registered with
FreeSWITCH. Both are in same SIP profile "default" (FS UA runs at port
5065).

2. I have different SIP profile (FS UA runs at port 7001) in which I
have defiend gateway to my telco-provider.

3. A make a call from one of users (see 1.) to some PSTN number.
FreeSWITCH (UA at port 5065) receives INVITE, ask about credentials etc.
FreeSWITCH (UA at port 7001) successfuly authorizes against my telco
etc. and establish media flow (183,200) from local port, say 1234, IP
1.2.3.4.

4. Than UA at port 5065 try to establish media flow (183,200) to local
user, but offers the same IP/port in SDP - 1.2.3.4:1234.

5. Than both legs (my telco and local user) send RTP to same IP:port.
IMO it can't work. And, like I think, it don't - both legs hear nothing
and FreeSWITCH kills call after a while with cause: MEDIA_TIMEOUT.

> How are you trying to call a registered user?

I'm not sure what you are asking. I call localy registred user by
<action application='bridge' data='sofia/default/user%domain'/>
and it works fine.

What don't work (see above) is to call out through gateway:
<action application='bridge' data='sofia/gateway/gw_name/number'/>

> It's perfectly OK to
> receive media from two different IP's on the same port

Yes, but there is same IP and port...

> but I smell a
> bug but more so a usage case we haven't tested.

Not sure, but it looks like it. Or I miss something important in config
options.

> Provide the sip trace and the console log on pastebin and reply with
> the urls.

Here is pastebin url:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/4273

Best regards,