[Freeswitch-users] preAnswer : API x JS

Daniel Eli dcelink at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 11:46:06 PDT 2008

Hi,
first of all, congratulations to the FS team.
I am trying to control FreeSwitch with a telnet client
using the API.
I can't find some way to pre-Answer (code 180) a
channel in this interface,
like the preAnswer method found in the session object.

Another idea is calling an js script with the API,
for example: bgapi jsrun preanswr.js ..., but there is
another problem:
the default session object is not created and I can't
find how to get the session object from the uid of the
channel (or from another channel variable).
So, is there any way to get one session object from
some channel variable ?
Or, is there any way to pre-answer (generate the 180
code) the channel with the API ?
Could you help me about that?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel.