[Freeswitch-users] Routing, redundancy , balance between multiple vendors

Ken Rice krice at suspicious.org
Mon Sep 24 17:04:28 PDT 2007

As Jason said, I would use SIP and not IAX, IAX might save you a little
bandwidth but the implementions (all of them) are horrible and they sound
like crap.

There is also doing things like Least Cost Routing that will allow you to
pick the best route for the call based on cost (and some other  metrics) and
send a call to the carrier based on that, should the call fail, the call is
automatically re-routed to the other carrier for failover

Contact me off list for an LCR implementation that I will be releasing in
the very near future