[Freeswitch-users] Is Freeswitch a good option for dynamic routing?

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 04:18:41 PDT 2007

Hi Chris,

I've recently done a lot of this with FreeSWITCH around a calling-card
application - like yours
except with a bit of audio prompting and digit collection added.  It has
a full LCR, etc.

I have good intentions (which will, no doubt, add to those already
paving my way to hell) about
writing this up for the FreeSWITCH wiki, but here's (very briefly) how I
did it:
- used the outbound event socket interface.  I couldn't do everything I
wanted to with the switch
in Javascript, and talking to the external socket interface in Perl a)
meant that I could and b)
meant that I could use Perl modules for practically everything else;
- wrote something which talked to the inbound event socket interface to
track call states; you'd
probably not need this for a simple switching application.

The LCR that I've implemented is a simple retarded match on an SQL
table.  It could probably
be more efficient, but benchmarks at 100ms peak and maybe 10ms average
per lookup across
four carriers.  Unfortunately we're not running enough traffic for this
to be an issue!

I hope these are semi-useful; please drop me a note if I can be of more
help.

Cheers --

Dave