[Freeswitch-users] Documentation requests

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Oct 3 04:19:42 PDT 2007

On 10/3/07, demuel at thephinix.org <demuel at thephinix.org> wrote:

> A typical bossy troll-gear commanding request and yea I have heard loudly
> enough. Let me
> tell you that you are asking too much from the FS developers in particular
> and to the FS

There had been plans to do much of that for about 2 years.  I dont think
that the request is asking for too much, only that there hasnt been enough
time to do it yet.

community in general. To begin with, get the FS source code and start
> reading it line by
> line and do some coding with emphasis on attention-to-details afterwards
> some thorough

 As for saying 'get the source and read it' that may not be the best
response since not all users are developers.  As a community I would like to
think that we are open and available to both users and developers.

practical experimentation with it. IMHO, advocate a fund raising campaign
> for your
> wishlists as well as convince O'reilly and maybe your employer to sponsor
> a book funding
> for this project. You should remember that the only thing left free in
> this world is the

 The comment about a fund raiser I am fairly sure would help, I know I
personally would do more than just some of the initial planning towards more
and better documentation since I would be able to turn down some paying work
to actually have time.  There are likely others as well that would feel that
way.

air that we breath and the rest, you ought to pay for the time and effort of
> someone.
> Gone are the days when some geeks in a basement darkroom has to write a
> code of
> something that will benefit all humankind(excluding the terrorist bcoz
> they are not
> humans after all rofl ) and distribute it out to the end corners of the
> universe for
> free because it was for fun then guys like you and me will just use it
> right away for
> our business purposes.

That isnt quite true, simply because you can get software, and you can use
it for business purposes.  Infact FreeSWITCH[tm] has intentionally made the
choice to more readily allow that.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200