[Freeswitch-users] mem leak and core dump

Freeswitch Freeswitch freeswitch at 2ride.com
Mon Nov 19 05:47:52 PST 2007

Hello Freeswitch'rs,

I recently began using the latest freeswitch beta code as a pure B2BUA for
the purpose of topology hiding of IP - PSTN calls.

running env:
Linux b2bua 2.6.18 #6 SMP Thu Nov 16 10:35:45 EST 2006 i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R)
CPU            5140  @ 2.33GHz GNU/Linux
Freeswitch version: FreeSwitch Version 1.0.pre1 (6220M)

The modules I am using are 711 and 729 codecs, sip, directory, xml_rpc, cdr,
xml_cdr, console and syslog.

I am seeing what appears to be a memory leak.  Consumed memory continues to
drop linearly based on number of calls.
Also had one core dump.

What can I do to help troubleshoot these issues?

Today I plan to stop using the CDR, rpc and logging modules to see if it
makes a difference.

Also considering running on one of my fedora core 7 boxes instead of gentoo,
again to see if anything changes.

Ideas appreciated.

Regards,

Tom