[Freeswitch-users] Conference How to?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Jul 10 20:28:05 PDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Yossi Neiman wrote:

> > 3. Will it run on the latest CentOs Server OS?
>
> Don't know.  Probably does, so you can give it a try.

Aside from a minor compile issue w/ the Portaudio code, I have succesfully
compiled FreeSwitch on an X86_64 Centos 4.3 box that I installed this
afternoon. I was able to get the switch core up and running, but didn't
have more time to play with it. I.E. it started up and gave me a console,
but that was all I had time to test with. So, it appears that it should
run w/out problems on Centos.

> > 4. Is there documentation for simple "up and running" functionality tests?
>
> Bah!  Documentation?  Nobody needs that!  (j/k)  I am not sure about
> that one.  Perhaps somebody else knows if there is.  As I've been
> developing together with the other devs for a few months now, so I think
> I end up having to look a completely different set of documents.
> Hopefully somebody will work up a nice frontend for the XML
> configuration, with tooltips or something to help users configure.

Yeah.. I'm wondering that myself. I'm looking at the XML configuration and
just shaking my head saying "Do I really want to learn this crap?". I HATE
XML! Somebody please make a nice XML front-end for FreeSwitch, and
quickly! :)

                             KP-216-121-ST