[Freeswitch-users] Stability vs Features

Vikram Rangnekar vr at udel.edu
Thu Aug 31 10:33:59 PDT 2006

I assume the goal here is to develop a carrier grade soft-switch. I
understand features are great but features would cost us. As we add
features the stability would degrade. I agree that adding C# support
is an intresting idea but do we really need it adding mono into
FreeSwitch I understand its a great thing for C# developers but mono
is not super-stable.

I personal opinion is to work towards defining a minimum set of
features that are absolutely critical and then making those features
stable and relatively bug free.

In Freeswitch much of the features or protocol support is based on
external libraries this can be a good thing and a bad thing too. Since
each of those libraries would probably have bugs and that means making
sure that those libraries are also actively maintained.

--
Vikram Rangnekar