[Freeswitch-users] ß@ÑeÓÐʹÓÃÖÐÎĵÄÅóÓцá?

Daniel Swarbrick openpbx at pressure.net.nz
Tue Aug 29 17:04:36 PDT 2006

Cody Pinchot wrote:
> I think it might work if we loosely require that text in a foreign
> language should be sent through a translator, and the English text be
> placed below.  I feel it is everyones right to speak their own language
> though, so I do not mind people posting in theirs if they do not mind me
> replying in mine.

I agree it is everyone's right to speak their own language, but I see
little point in posting that language to a list that is not the
designated discussion point for threads in that language.

It serves little purpose, since those that can't understand it will not
benefit from the information, nor reply to it. Even if you run it
through a translator and reply to it in your own language, there is no
guarantee that the original poster will understand your language. Ok, so
the original poster can run your reply through a translator too, but how
long before we all end up talking about a cat who sat on the mat in a hat?

I'm all for multilingual contributions, but I think they would be a
whole lot more productive if sorted into designated lists for the
languages in question.