[Freeswitch-docs] Autogenerating Variables docs

Ryan Harris ryharris at airmail.cc
Tue Jan 30 16:24:18 UTC 2018

Hi list,

Take a look at
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Autogenerated+DTMF+Variables

I was getting a little exhausted with Confluence automatic formatting.
What I really wanted was a simple UI to catalog the variables and then
generate the pages as I saw fit. I also wanted to tune the formatting so
that there weren't any inconsistencies.

So I made a simple Django app. You create a variable, assign it one or
more categories, give it any number of usages (or none), include
cross-references to other pages...

Then, when you want to add it to confluence, it spits out markup like
what I've linked above.

Hopefully this will improve documentation efforts -- at least for the
variables catalog.

What do you think? I'll put the source up on stash. Would anyone be
willing to use this locally? I can also set the app on a public domain.