[Freeswitch-docs] Announcing switchio and the friends-of-freeswitch group on Github

Tyler Goodlet tgoodlet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 15:56:58 UTC 2017

Hey all,

This is to announce a new group a few of us ex-Sangoma people have created
on Github:

https://github.com/friends-of-freeswitch

If any of you were familiar with Sangoma's project `switchy` this project
has now been hard forked and evolved into this one:

https://github.com/friends-of-freeswitch/switchio

This new edition completely rewrites the core to use Python's 3.5+ new
asyncio and coroutines and gets a performance boost due to dropping
reliance on the ESL SWIG module. The project contains a full-blown
auto-dialer and was originally built for stress testing using FreeSWICH
clusters. The docs are still being updated after the recent rewrite so bear
with us.

Our vision for this group is to start aggregating FreeSWITCH related
projects on Github into one place so as to provide a one-stop shop for
community maintained tools. If anyone is interested in adding an existing
project and joining the group fire us an email and we'll gladly welcome you!

We'd also appreciate any opinions on or help with any of the projects if
you find them useful or interesting to build-on.

Currently our small crew is chatting on riot:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#freeswitch:matrix.org

Most of us can also be found in the standard IRC and hipchat rooms.

Thanks!

Tyler Goodlet