[Freeswitch-docs] fs version

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Mon May 2 18:41:50 MSD 2016

The "production" release version is indeed 1.6 package as I understand it. The incremental releases occur in the Master stream and are officially not recommended for production use, although I have had great success with them myself.

When 1.8 is released that will be the time to update Confluence with that date. If the core developers have a different idea, then of course that is the way to go.

I have fallen out of the loop so I'm not sure about this, but it sure seems like they want people to use the packages and eschew compiling from source. I always compile from source because I like to make a change or two to the conference module before building FreeSWITCH.

Unfortunately, in simplifying the documentation I think some useful tips to build from source have fallen through the cracks; that's why I saved the old page with "archive" tacked on to the page title. I need to build a new FreeSWITCH system for my lab so I will vet the current procedures and adjust the installation docs as needed.

The source for the source code is in Stash, same as it ever was. I sure that's in there!

Bote