[Freeswitch-docs] Black background in code snippets

Mario mario_fs at mgtech.com
Sun Jun 14 22:43:37 MSD 2015

Another possibility to provide better reading is to use a thicker font without serifs for the white letters. Keep in mind that on terminal sessions the letters are typically monospaced. Below are what it looks like now and a a couple of samples to demonstrate, I kept the point since the same (14) but notice how they still take the same space. I wrote many computer books for classes and had a lot of experience testing fonts and found non-serif best for commands/etc.

Current what I see now in Confluence - Courier New (note serifs):
sudo chown -R yourname:yourgroup local    # Modify the owner of the /usr/local directory to yours

Andale Mono (no serifs):
sudo chown -R yourname:yourgroup local    # Modify the owner of the /usr/local directory to yours

Monaco (I use this a lot in books for this purpose):
sudo chown -R yourname:yourgroup local    # Modify the owner of the /usr/local directory to yours

Mario G