[Freeswitch-docs] Developer Docs
bote_radio at botecomm.com
Tue Jan 6 03:34:54 MSK 2015
This is EXCELLENT! Thank you very much for clarifying the duplicated pages.
I'm in the middle of sorting out 2 large pages that have both been edited independently, yet contain largely the same content. It's a nightmare. L
From: freeswitch-docs-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-docs-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Humberto Diógenes
Sent: Monday, 05 January, 2015 14:39
To: freeswitch-docs at lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: [Freeswitch-docs] Developer Docs
I noticed that the documentation for new developers was outdated and scattered throughout different places, so here's a little update on what I've being doing to merge those pages.
The "Submitting Patches" page was completely outdated , so I ported the more complete and up-to-date content from the source file docs/SubmittingPatches  to Confluence and merged it into the more recent "Pull Requests" page .
As the Pull Requests page was already long enough, I moved some of the new content to new pages:
* Commit Message Guidelines - https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Commit+Message+Guidelines
* New Modules - https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/New+Modules
I also noticed there were two different sections with look-alike content: "Developers" and "Community > Contributing Code". I moved everything from the former (including sub-pages) to the latter.
* Remove https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Submitting+Patches (I don't seem to have permission to do that)
* Remove https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Installing+Git - either Brian or Areski tagged it for deletion
* Remove  entirely (to avoid duplicate content), or just point it to .
Feedback would be appreciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Join us at ClueCon 2014 Aug 4-7, 2014
More information about the Freeswitch-docs