[Freeswitch-docs] automating/assisting migration from mediawiki to confluence

Ítalo Rossi italorossib at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 05:06:08 MSK 2015

Hi Jason,

Seems possible at first look, but, there's a lot of details involved :/

We have a script that can translate the from old media wiki format to the
new confluence, but:

https://github.com/EvoluxBR/fs_docs_translator

We need to create a new page on confluence, save, edit, click in view
source and paste the converted code.

It's easier to copy & paste directly the HTML from media wiki to the
confluence editor, after small adjustments the content is ready.

If you have an idea, please share with us :)

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Jason Lewis <jason at dickson.st> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry if I have missed this discussion already. I did look in the
> archives and couldn't see anything.
>
> I've been thinking of ways to migrate a page from the old format that is
> stored in confluence to the new format.
>
> Has anyone looked at tools to assist this? Initially I thought regexs
> could help but of course that doesn't work well for html.
>
> What about writing some scripts in perl perhaps? or a tool that is
> designed for manipulating html.
>
> Jason
>
> Jason Lewis
> http://emacstragic.net